- A contractual licence was granted by a theatre owner to a production company to use the theatre for productions
- The licence gave the licensee production company the right to terminate the licence on 6 weeks’ notice at the end of and 6 month period
- The licence did not give the licensor owner a right to terminate
- The licensor sought to evict the licensee, providing 1 month’s notice
- Was the revocation notice effective?
- A licence may not grant rights which exceed those capable of being granted by way of a lease
- ‘Perpetual’ licences may be revoked on reasonable notice
- 1 month’s notice was reasonable