- The claimant gave evidence in a murder trial, which did not lead to a conviction
- Before a second trial, the murdered individual’s brother offered a reward to anyone who gave evidence which led to the conviction
- The actual murderer, the claimant’s husband beat the claimant, leading to the claimant giving more evidence. This buy xanax chicago evidence led the conviction of the murderer.
- Could Williams claim the reward for giving her evidence
- Claim allowed
- The motive was not to get the reward, it was the state of her own feelings. However, it was ruled that the motive was not material so she was entitled to the reward