- A ship was returned late at the end of its charterparty
- This caused the next charterer to cancel his contract
- During the few days after delivery was due, the price of charterparties dropped significantly
- Could the first charterers be liable for the loss of profit due to the change in price of charterparties for the extent of time of the second scheduled charterparty?
- Not within the contemplation of the parties when the first charterparty was being negotiated to be considering the proceeding charterparty
- Such an extreme drop in the market price was unforeseeable
- Liable on for charter fees during extended charter period