This page contains information relating to the use of this website, cookies, personal data and purchases. By using this website, you are agreeing to the terms on this page. “We” or “us” refers to this website, Webstroke Law, a service provided by Webstroke. “You” or “your” refers to the user of this website. We may change these terms from time to time.
The use of this website
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you has used your Facebook account to access this website, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any case summaries from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
Content which requires payment is strictly for your personal use. You may not draw this content to the attention of others, nor copy, print or otherwise share this content.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the: use of, or inability to use, our site; or the use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which are set out below.
After purchasing access to notes (content) on this website, where required, you may access the topic notes named in your purchase for a period of 12 months commencing upon successful payment. This access will be subject to both the availability of this website and the maintenance of your access to your Facebook account. Prior to purchasing, you will be required to connect your Facebook account to this website. This Facebook account must be used during future visits to this site for the purposes of both identification and proof of purchase. We reserve the right to restrict any or all access to notes at any time.
Your payment on this website will constitute an offer to us to access your requested notes. Only once access has been granted will we have accepted your offer. Any prior mention of payment or purchase is merely an invitation.
Once access has been granted to your requested notes (our acceptance) and you access your requested notes for the first time, you will no longer be entitled to any refund.
The cookies we use may include:
- PHPSESSID – for maintaining your ‘logged in’ status if applicable
- wordpress_logged_in_* – for tracking your logged in status if applicable
- wordpress_test_cookie – system cookie used as a prerequisite to Facebook authentication if applicable
- _ga – a Google Analytics cookie to track user events – used to improve this website over time
- if/__gads – advertising related cookies
- __cfduid/cf_use_ob – anonymous cookie used for site security purposes
- webstroke_law_cookie_consent – confirms that users have seen our cookie banner
Information you provide to us will not be shared for use by third parties unless it is first anonymised or is required to facilitate the supply of products and services on this site. You may request all of the information we have about you. To make a request, please email Webstroke Law, your data controller, at [email protected].
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you (see section 11);
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may collect the following personal information:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system; and
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
- cookie data
We may use this collected data only with a valid lawful basis for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account;
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site;
- Supplying our products and services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by visiting the unsubscribe link in any email you opted-in to receive from us);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience;
- For marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained until we determine that your data is no longer necessary to maintain an ongoing relationship with us.
Suitable measures have been taken to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
This page was last updated on 24th May 2018
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms