- A group of people, including the defendant, Rahman, attacked the victim
- The victim sustained a serious stab wound, which caused his death
- The prosecution could not prove which person in the group delivered the stab wound
- Was Rahman guilty of murder?
- Either as a secondary party or a primary party, Rahman intended to cause grievous bodily harm to the victim, buy xanax australia which is enough to satisfy the mens rea requirement of murder
- The submission that a secondary party to murder must foresee the subjective intentions of the primary party to be convicted was rejected as complicated
- Lord Bingham said that the GBH murder rule:
[M]ay lack logical purity, but it is underpinned by a quality of earthy realism