- Kennedy supplied class A drugs to the victim when visiting his room in the hostel which they both lived in
- The victim voluntarily self-administered the drugs and died as a result
- Did Kennedy cause the death of the victim by way of unlawful act manslaughter?
- No, conviction quashed
- Whilst the supply of drugs was an unlawful act which was a crime, it had not caused death
- The death was caused by the voluntary act of the victim, who it is assumed acted under free will, to ‘help him sleep’