- The defendant believed that he had killed the victim through his assault during a fight stemming from her sexual-related insults
- The victim actually drowned after the defendant disposed of the ‘body’ in a river
- Did the defendant cause the death of the victim?
- On the application of unlawful act manslaughter to the facts, there was no issue with the application of the coincidence doctrine
- Test test for dangerousness in unlawful act manslaughter is an objective assessment of whether the defendant’s act might cause some harm