- A commercial agent had been engaged by the principal to sell clothes over a series of agency contracts, each immediately following the previous
- The final contract was terminated
- Was the agent entitled to a regulation 17 indemnity for just the previous contract, or for all of the successive contracts?
- All of the successive contracts
- “Agency contract” within regulation 17(1) of the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 should be interpreted as meaning “the agency”
- The relationship, or the agency, stretched over all of the successive contracts
- An indemnity of £92,000 was calculated in accordance with regulation 17(3), but regulation 17(4) capped the indemnity to ~£64,000