- London & Blenheim Estates were the owners of land over which the local Co-op store had an easement for car parking
- The easement provided for additional rights of car parking if the servient owner (London and Blenheim) acquired more adjoining land
- The Co-op sold their dominant land to Ladbroke, who in turned claimed additional parking rights once London& Blenheim Estates acquired more land
- Were Ladbroke entitled to more parking rights?
- Such a claim would undermine the certainty of the easement, potentially depriving the servient landowner of the reasonable use of unidentified land in the future