- An unmarried man purchased a house as sole legal owner, with his partner contributing £10,000
- The house was also purchased with the assistance of a £30,000 mortgage loan, also in the sole name of the man – it was consented to by the partner
- The man subsequently re-mortgaged the house for £43,000, without the knowledge of the partner
- The couple’s relationship broke down, the man left and the bank buy alprazolam europe sought to enforce their mortgage
- Was the partner bound by the £30,000 to which she consented, or to the extent of the £43,000 re-mortgage amount?
- £30,000 only
- Consent could be imputed to the original £30,000 mortgage loan
- As there was no consent to the re-mortgage, the mortgage only took priority to the extent of the £30,000 consented to