Victoria Laundry v Newman Industries 
- The defendants were 30 weeks late in delivering new boilers to the claimants
- This late delivery meant that the claimants could not accept some particularly lucrative Government contracts
- Could damages be awarded for loss of profits from the lucrative contracts?
- Damages awarded for ‘normal’ profit loss only as defendants were unaware of lucrative contract loss certainty
- Hadley v Baxendale  is a two limb test, normal then special tests
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th April 2014