Thomas v Thomas 
- A husband wished for his wife to inherit his house
- The executors of the husband’s will agreed that thw wife could have possession of the house in return for the wife paying £1 per year ground rent
- The executors refused to go through with the agreement
- Does consideration (£1) have to be sufficient
- No, claim allowed
- Consideration must be present, but it need not be sufficient. It for parties to ensure that they get themselves a good bargain.
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 18th January 2014