Target Home Loans v Clothier 
- A mortgagor defaulted on payments of a £225,000 loan secured against their land
- The arrears amounted to £64,579
- The mortgagee wished to take possession and the mortgagor wished to sell on the basis of a £450,000 offer received
- Could the mortgagor have possession postponed for 3 months under section 36 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 to allow the sale to complete?
- Although the was no evidence that the mortgagor would be able to pay the mortgage loan arrears, the prospects of an early sale were best served by postponing possession
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 29th April 2015