Target Holdings v Redferns 
- The defendant solicitor held money in his client account for the claimant, to be released upon completion of a property purchase
- The solicitor released some of the money early, making a significant personal profit
- Was the solicitor liable for the profit?
- Although there was a breach of fiduciary duty, it would not have changed the financial position of the claimant had it not occurred
- The loss did not result from the defendant’s act
Posted in Commercial Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 31st December 2014