Swift Investments v Combined English Stores Group 
- The defendant guaranteed that a lessee would comply with a covenant in their lease
- The lessor assigned the benefit of the lease
- Could the new landlord enforce against the guarantor?
- The benefit of a covenant (in both leasehold and freehold estates) will pass if it touches and concerns the benefitted land
- A benefit will touch and concern land if it affects the nature, quality, mode, use or value of the land benefited and benefits the land as opposed to a person
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 27th April 2015