Steven v Bromley & Son 
- Shipowners agreed a charter fee for the transportation of steel billets
- The charterers loaded general merchandise, in breach of the agreement
- Could the ship owners be entitled to nominal damages only; or could a contract be inferred at a higher rate
- Claim for beyond nominal damages allowed
- A contract could be inferred such that the shipowners were entitled to the general rate for the ‘breaching’ cargo loaded
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 20th January 2014