Southwell v Blackburn 
- A couple cohabited a property, the claimant having given up a secure tenancy to move in with her partner
- The couple had no explicit discussion as to the ownership of their home
- Could the defendant be estopped from denying his cohabitee’s interest in having a secure home for life?
- An equity in proprietary estoppel does not need to arise from a recognised proprietary interest; it may be from a personal interest
- £28,500 awarded
- Unconscionability assessments involve balancing expected benefits and detriment
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 25th April 2015