Smith and Snipes Hall Farm v River Douglas Catchment Board 
- The defendant covenanted to repair flood defences in return for contributions from local residents
- This covenant was breached, causing the claimant’s land to flood
- The claimant was the successor in title of one of the covenantees (beneficiaries of the covenant)
- Did the claimant have standing to sue?
- The benefit of the covenant was clearly attached to the claimant’s land, so the benefit of the covenant passed at common law
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 27th April 2015
© 2020 Webstroke Law - Terms