Sims v Dacorum BC 
Sims v Dacorum Borough Council 
A wife left her husband, leaving him in jointly leased accommodation
- The wife then unilaterally served notice to quit upon the landlord
- The landlord (local authority) refused to transfer the lease into the husband’s sole name
- Was a unilateral notice to quit given by 1 tenant of a joint buy xanax gg249 online lease effective?
- Such a notice did not infringe upon the husband’s Article 8 rights in the European Convention of Human Rights, as implemented into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998
- For discussion on other methods of termination of leases, see land law notes on leases
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd April 2015