Shakoor v Situ 
- A herbal remedies expert prescribed herbal medicines to treat a patient
- The patient subsequently had a liver failure and died
- Was the expert in breach of duty not to advise against herbal treatments if there was the potential for a more serious injury
- Yes, breach of duty, but claim failed
- There was a breach of duty in not taking into account other forms of medicine (not just Chinese herbal remedies), however on the facts, treatment by ‘official’ medical procedure would have have avoided the damage
Posted in Tort Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd February 2014