Scala House v Forbes 
- A lessee breach a covenant not to assign or sub-let the leased premises by sub-leasing the premises
- The lessor served a notice to quit under s 146 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and commenced proceedings for possession 14 days’ later
- Was the breach capable of being remedied?
- No, the notice was effective
- A breach of non-assignment covenant, by its nature, is not capable of remedy
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd April 2015
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms