R v White 
- White added poison to a drink, intending to kill his mother
- After drinking some of the drink, White’s mother died in her sleep of a heart attack, unconnected to the poison
- Did White cause the death of his mother?
- Factual causation and legal buy greenstone xanax causation are both required for a defendant to be said to have caused death
- Recognition of a ‘but for’ test of factual causation
- Irrespective of the poison, White’s mother would still have died
- Today, White could still be convicted of attempted murder
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 24th December 2014