R v Secretary of State for Home Affairs ex parte Birdi 
- An immigrant from India was denied the right to marriage immediately before he was due to be deported back to India. He was imprisoned at the time
- He sought an order to review this decision
- Could the applicant be released in order to marry
- Just because someone is of the correct age to marry does not entitle them to marry
- To a certain degree, the ECHR can be ignored
Posted in Public Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 31st January 2014