R v Secretary of State for Employment ex parte Equal Opportunities Commission 
- Research showed that prior to the case that men were predominately full time workers and women predominately part time workers
- It was therefore inferred that it was discriminatory to women for redundancy protection to require 2 years of full time employment in comparison with 5 years required in part time employment
- The equal opportunities commission claimed judicial review on this inference
- Was such a requirement discriminatory with regards to EU law
- Parliament subsequently changed the law without consulting any official EU bodies
Posted in Public Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 31st January 2014