R v Powell 
- A drug dealer was murdered by one of three people; the defendant was one of these people
- The Crown could not prove who fired the gun which caused the death
- Was the defendant guilty of murder?
- As a (possible) secondary party, the defendant need only have foreseen that the primary party might cause GBH or the death of the victim
- This is a lesser mens rea requirement, but is still capable of satisfying a conviction for murder
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 24th December 2014