R v Moloney 
- In a drunken dare, the victim dared the defendant to pull the trigger of a gun
- The defendant did not believe that doing so would injure the victim
- Did the defendant have the necessary mens rea for murder?
- Lord Bridge: it is for the jury to decide whether the defendant intended to kill or cause GBH; the judge should not expand on the definition of consent
- This rule has since been modified by R v Nedrick  and R v Woollin 
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 25th December 2014