R v Lidar 
- The defendant drove off whilst the victim was having a conversation with him; the victim’s head still part way in the car
- The defendant’s head was crushed by the rear wheel of the car
- Could the defendant be convicted of manslaughter?
- Yes – reckless manslaughter
- This is the only known reckless manslaughter conviction, were the probability of serious harm or death was present, and that risk was assessed and then taken by the defendant
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 26th December 2014