R v Kennedy (No. 2) 
- Kennedy supplied class A drugs to the victim when visiting his room in the hostel which they both lived in
- The victim voluntarily self-administered the drugs and died as a result
- Did Kennedy cause the death of the victim by way of unlawful act manslaughter?
- No, conviction quashed
- Whilst the supply of drugs was an unlawful act which was a crime, it had not caused death
- The death was caused by the voluntary act of the victim, who it is assumed acted under free will, to ‘help him sleep’
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 24th December 2014