R v Dhaliwal 
- The defendant had verbally abused his wife for many years
- The wife committed suicide as a result of this abuse
- Did the defendant cause his wife’s death?
- Whilst mental harm by way of a recognised mental condition can be classed as harm, mere emotions are not enough to qualify
- The defendant’s wife did not commit suicide as an immediate and reasonable response to the verbal abuse, but acted voluntarily
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 24th December 2014