R v Cunningham 
- The defendant removed a gas meter from a wall to obtain the money inside
- This caused gas to escape, which in turn caused injury
- What amounted to intention as to the administration of noxious substances (section 23 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)?
- Either intent to subjective recklessness, conviction upheld
- If a defendant foresees a risk and takes it, he is liable for the consequences
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 27th December 2014