R v Clarke 
- The claimant, under investigation for the murder of 2 police officers, gave evidence which led to the conviction of another person, the actual murderer
- There had been a reward of £1000 to anyone who gave such evidence
- Could the claimant claim the reward, given that he had said in his interview that we was cooperating “exclusively in order to clear his name”
- Claim failed, no recovery
- It is necessary to act in reliance of a unilateral offer when accepting it. Mr Clarke was not acting upon the offer.
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 22nd January 2014