R v B  (Schizophrenic consent)
- A schizophrenic husband force-fed his wife leaves and had sexual intercourse with her
- His defence was that he reasonably believed her submission to have constituted consent
- Was the husband’s guilt negated by consent?
- A reasonable belief in consent is to be judges objectively, not taking into account mental disorders
- There may be occasions where personality is relevant is the ascertainment of a reasonable belief
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 29th December 2014