Murphy v Brentwood District Council 
- Murphy had to sell his house at a significant loss, as Brentwood District Council had failed to inspect the house’s foundations
- Murphy sought to recover the cost from Brentwood District Council
- Could Murphy recover for his economic loss?
- No recovery, pure economic loss
- No liability in the absence of physical injury
- Overruled Anns v Merton London Borough Council 
 1 AC 398
Posted in Tort Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd January 2014