Mercantile International Group plc v Chuan Soon Huat Industrial Group plc 
- The claimants sought the benefit of the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 2003, where they sold timber on a mark-up basis on behalf of the defendants
- Remuneration only resulted from the mark-up
- Was Mercantile International Group (the claimant and agent) a commercial agent?
- Although commission was paid by the agent’s own mark-up, continuing authority had been granted and remuneration was still received
- Neither the size of the markup nor the agency agreement itself was incompatible with the commercial agents regulations
Posted in Commercial Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 14th January 2015