McAdams Homes v Robinson 
- The claimant was entitled to the benefit of an easement of drainage under the defendant’s property
- The claimant demolished the bakery on his land and replaced it with multiple residential dwellings
- The defendant blocked the drainage route
- Was the defendant entitled to do this?
- Having changed the character of his land, the claimant substantially increased the burden on the drainage system, suspending the easement
- The judge’s finding of facts was to be relied upon, even if slightly inaccurate
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 26th April 2015