Liverpool City Council v Irwin 
- Tenants stopped paying rent in the Council’s tower block as common parts of the building were improperly maintained
- The contracts said nothing about common parts maintenance
- Could payments be enforced?
- Although landlord had responsibility for common parts maintenance, damage was caused by vandals so no duty where inspection regime followed
- Easements may require a landlord to maintain common parts of rented land
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 25th April 2015