Hunter v Babbage 
- Following the divorce of a husband and wife, it was agreed that the house, owned as joint would be split unequally
- No agreement was reached on the share proportions before the husband passed away
- How should the property value be distributed?
- The agreement constituted effective severance
- As no agreement had been reached on share proportions, the house would be divided equally such that half of the house passed with the husband’s estate
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 1st April 2015