Holwell Securities v Hughes 
- Hughes offered Holwell Securities at £45,000 option on his house, requiring “notice in writing” of acceptance
- Holwell Securities posted a letter of acceptance before the deadline, which was received after the deadline
- Did the postal rule apply to such a case
- The postal rule can be ousted by the requirement of “notice in writing” or where it would lead to “manifest inconvenience or absurdity”
- In this case, notice in writing was required
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 20th January 2014