Hadley v Baxendale 
- Contract to transport mill crankshaft to and from repair centre breached as took too long
- Could damages be awarded for loss of profits?
- Defendant did not know that mill did not have spare crankshaft
- Damages are limited to those which flow reasonably from the contemplation of the parties in the natural course of things, or from special communicated circumstances
- No special circumstances were communicated
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th April 2014