Guinness Plc v Saunders 
- A former director of the recently taken-over Guinness brand was paid a £5.2 million sum as a bonus
- The bonus was authorised by a committee of directors
- The articles of association provides that the whole board must consent to such a bonus
- Could the bonus be retained?
- Breach of fiduciary obligation based on terms set out in the company’s articles of association, which could not be overruled
Posted in Commercial Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 31st December 2014