GMS Syndicate v Gary Elliott 
- A lessee (of a head lease) had sub-leased part of the leased premises to a sub-lessee
- The lessor sought forfeiture of the head lease for the immoral use of the leased premises
- Could the sub-lessee obtain independent relief from forfeiture?
- Although no exceptional circumstances allowed relief to be granted against an immoral use, the sub-lessee occupied a distinct physical part of the premises to which there was no complaint
- The covenants which bound the lessee would continue to bind the sub-lessee
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd April 2015