Entores v Miles Far East Corporation 
- The claimants (in England) sent a telex offer to the defendants (in Holland)
- The defendants replied with a telex communication
- When did the contract come into force. This would determine who’s law applied, that of Holland’s jurisdiction, or English law.
- Contract created when acceptance received
- Acceptance needed to be communicated before the contract was effective
- As such, the contract was made in England and subject to English law
Posted in Contract Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 10th January 2014