Drake v DPP 
- Drake was intoxicated and attempted to remove a wheel clamp from his car with a hammer. He was arrested.
- He was charged with being in charge of a vehicle while intoxicated
- Damage to a car is to be disregarded under the offence
- Did the clamp constitute damage to the car?
- No, but conviction upheld on a different ground (intent to drive if the clamp has been removed)
- A wheel clamp cannot sensibly be said to constitute criminal damage to a car
Posted in Criminal Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 23rd December 2014