De Bussche v Alt (1878)
- An agent undertook to sell the principal’s ship
- The agent’s http://laparkan.com/buy-sildenafil/ partner purchased the ship himself, then sold it on for an immense profit ($160,000 compared to his $90,000 purchase price, in the 1870s)
- Could the agent’s partner be liable?
- Sub-agents cannot be sued
- The partner was to be treated as a co-agent, and so could be sued for the $70,000 which the principal was deprived of
Posted in Commercial Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th December 2014