Cuckmere Brick Co v Mutual Finance 
- A mortgagee took possession of land which had recently acquired planning permission for 100 flats and 35 houses
- The mortgagee sold the land, with reference to the planning permission for the 35 houses, but not the 100 flats
- Was the mortgagee liable to the mortgagor?
- A mortgagee is under a duty to take reasonable care to obtain the true market value of land
- This duty was breach where the mortgagee failed to make reference to the (very valuable) planning permission for 100 flats
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 29th April 2015