Centaploy v Matlodge 
- A lease was granted which denied a landlord any right to determine the lease
- Did this violate the requirement of certainty of duration of periodic tenancies?
- Such a denial of rights would be repugnant to the nature of a tenancy
- Both landlords and tenants must have unqualified rights to determine tenancies, irrespective of their contractual intentions
- This case overruled Re Midland Railway Agreement 
- To find the other requirements of leases, visit land law notes on leases
Posted in Land Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 3rd April 2015