Case C-91/92 Faccini Dori 
- Faccini Dori concluded an English language course contract when away from home, which was prohibited under a directive
- Italy had not implemented the directive (as it should have done years earlier)
- Could the contract be avoided?
- Directives do not have horizontal effect
- However, Faccini Dori could recover her losses from Italy under the doctrine of state liability for its wrongdoing
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th April 2015