Case C-415/93 Bosman 
- Bosman, a Belgian football player, wished to move to a French team
- The Belgian football club required a transfer fee from the French club, which the French club would not pay
- Following the failed transfer, Bosman’s wages and standing within the club reduced
- Did the transfer fee requirement hinder Bosman’s right to free movement between EU Member States?
- Article 45 TFEU providing for the free movement of persons within the EU was breached
- Football players throughout the EU may now freely transfer between countries (within the EU) upon the expiry of their contracts
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 12th July 2015
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms