Case C-370/12 Pringle v Government of Ireland 
- Pringle, an Irish MP, objected to Ireland’s participation in the European Stability Mechanism (ESM)
- He claimed that the participation was contrary to the Irish constitution, incompatible with EU Treaties and was based on an unlawful Council decision
- Was the Council decision adopted unlawful?
- The ESM was established outside of the scope of the treaties
- The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union will not apply as it may not extend EU law competencies
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th April 2015
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms