Case C-331/88 R v Minister of Agriculture, ex p Fedesa 
- The UK adopted a rule preventing the use of certain hormone products on animals
- Did this breach EU on the free movement of goods?
- Economic activity may be proportionately prohibited
- For a measure to be classed as proportionate, it must:
- Be suitable for the pursuance of a legitimate objective
- Be necessary to achieve that objective
- Not have an excessive effect
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 29th April 2015
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms